Daniel and Lacy Tolar
You are changing lives!
Amy was nervous and ashamed when the local Police Department called us to advocate and provide wrap-around care for her and her two children. Now, she thriving, getting promoted at work and going to school.
Sara’s eyes were hollow when we started talking with her at a popular club in the Red-light district. She was like a depressed robot, just going through the forced “dance routine”.
Now, she is safe, her eyes are full of life, and she radiates love all around her.
Because of your partnership, lives like Amy’s, Sara’s and hundreds of others are being changed. Your support is making a significant, long-lasting impact daily.
From all of us at RESCUE 1,
thank you for your support and encouragement this past year.
Because of your partnership, we have been able to continue our efforts to prevent women and children from vulnerabilities, rescue victims from the control of those who harm them, and restore survivors into a life of Freedom and Hope.
Because of you Leigharra’s House opened, providing a safe and secure home for teen survivors to come find rest and healing. Teens like Jackie found belonging and have begun discovering purpose. Her holidays with us have truly been the first free from slavery, isolation, fear, and worry.
This Christmas season she’ll remember the moment she sat opening a stocking with her initials, smiling for photos with people who love her, and sitting arm over shoulder with friends holding up one of the first gifts she’d been given in years. Your love and generosity made those moments possible.
As 2017 closes, please give a generous year end gift so we can continue to Prevent, Rescue and Restore the “Jackies” around us. The end of the year is also a wonderful time to become one of our one/1000 partners, so that with you, RESCUE 1 can continue having lasting impact combating and responding to human trafficking around the world.
It’s no surprise to many of you that December is a significant month financially for many churches and nonprofits and RESCUE 1 is no different. Please take a moment to prayerfully consider what you might sacrifice the next few days so that we will be able to reach the ones who have been forced to sacrifice so much over their lives. As 2017 closes, please give a generous year end gift so we can continue to Prevent, Rescue and Restore the “Jackies” around us. The end of the year is also a wonderful time to become one of our one/1000 partners, so that with you, RESCUE 1 can continue having lasting impact combating and responding to human trafficking around the world.
It’s no surprise to many of you that December is a significant month financially for many churches and nonprofits and RESCUE 1 is no different. Please take a moment to prayerfully consider what you might sacrifice the next few days so that we will be able to reach the ones who have been forced to sacrifice so much over their lives.
Partnering with RESCUE 1 is as simple as 1...2...3...
1. CLICK HERE to partner with us.
2. Fill out the form on the page that opens, including your donation amount and a note on how we can pray for you and your family.
3. Click Make Donation at the bottom of the page.
It’s that simple.
If the hyperlink above does not work please copy and paste the below address into your Internet browser address bar. www.rescue1global.org/partnernow.
You may also mail your gifts to:
Rescue 1 Global
6688 Nolensville pike
Brentwood, TN 37027
Faithful Friend and Partner,
I do apologize for the length of this email. There is a lot of information of all of our family efforts.
Lacy and I want to share a mountain top praise with you to celebrate because, at this very moment you are expressing the Love, Life, Sacrifice, and Redemption of Jesus to two young ladies at Grace Oasis: Leigharra's House. These two teen girls were discovered and recovered by a very recent FBI trafficking investigation and raid. They are here with us, safe and doing remarkably well. They attended church on Sunday with a team member and participated like "all's well and normal". They are such a blessing!
(First weekend in Leigharra's House. Ready to go to church.)
I will say one of these case's would make you completely sick and angry and the other will make you very sad because it hits really, really close to home as it directly struck one of our own Christian families, a national pillar of Christian Leadership, whom is now significantly impacted by this tragic, sinful epidemic called human sex trafficking. It, the enemy through human trafficking, tried to destroy the life of one of our little sister's. These are the cases that really proved to us that NO ONE, none of us are impervious to the reach and impact impact of trafficking. These cases really proved to us that no one, none of us are impervious to the reach and impact impact of trafficking. I wish we could explain the details for you but we absolutely will not compromise their honor and dignity by re-exploiting them. When they are ready to share this part of their life with you, they will do so. Both the National and Kingdom implications of this case would literally rock you to your core. PLEASE PRAY FOR THEM CONTINUALLY.
Lacy has done a lot of prep work and spent many, many 18 hour days in the last 2.5 months to help get the home ready and leading and prep our Restoration Team to care for these young ladies well.
Additionally, because of your faith in the Lord, your partnership with our family and your prayers for the work of Rescue 1, Lacy and I have been able to accept the responsibility and privilege of taking in two other survivors from a Central American country into our own home. Both of these young ladies have a 16 month old child that is both a precious gift from our Lord and a difficult reminder of their Slavery and Abuse. They both have given their hearts to the Lord and are on the road to full Redemption, citizenship, speaking English and serving their community.
(Our two International Rescues right here in TN being prayed over before their baptism at a local lake.)
Words cannot express the joy and blessedness our family possesses in our hearts for God, the Kingdom, your partnership and those we serve together with you. Being apart of the care and restoration of these six lives, and dozens of others around the world, is ordained by God but fundamentally sustained by your givings to our Lord, your encouragement and your love for our family.
- Health - I can not explain how thankful our family is to the Lord for His healing of Lacy and your prayers. She is doing so well and probably functioning at about 90% capacity.
Lacy leading part of our weekly team meeting)
- Peace and Patience - The increased family members in our home creates new challenges: language barrier, culture differences, interwoven or conflicting schedules, family integration, food preferences, transportation need, and an increase in spending for food, utilities, gas and other various household items.
- Protection and Personal Development
Lillianna is growing well. She is crawling and starting to talk. And of course she said Dah Dah first.
- Dawson and David are going to a local public school and love it.This opportunity is exposing them to dozens of different cultures and religions. They are asking some of the best "Perspectives questions ever.
- Lydia is continuing to homeschool and enjoying the individual focus.
Leigha is doing really, really well! She made us grandparents this last week. What a blessing and joy our first grandchild, Abigail Grace, is!
- Wesley is living and working in Clarksville, TN and trying to work get ready for the Spring Semester at Austin Peay.
- Financial Partners - New Partner Search and Development.
Prevention - Increased Reach 1 focus in high-risk and identified trafficking areas. Searching for new missionaries to take on increased need and capacity.
Rescue- I have taken on more responsibility in the Rescue Department. Continually developing CAT (Community Action Team) members to respond to law enforcement referrals and Reach 1 Team calls.
- The new "family members" at Grace Oasis: Leigharra's House. They are still acclimating and settling into their routine. We are beginning school for one of the girls and the other we are beginning the search for a Nashville Caregiver home to help continue Aftercare and Recovery.
- Pray specifically God will eliminate their restlessness and "run" tendencies. Email me for more information.
- Safe house volunteer recruitment, training and mobilization.
Business Admin/Global Development - We are searching for new Board Members, a volunteer Event Coordinator/Development Director, a Technology Volunteer, and a retired office manger or accountant to help with the day-to-day office needs.
- Pray for continued protection of our Thailand and Philippine team members. They are forging ahead well and serving so many in there area.
- Missionaries from the USA to join their team.
- Planning and executing mission trips at the end of 2017 and all 2018.
Thank you so much. You are loved and continually thanked and prayed for before the Lord.
Daniel, Lacy and the Tolar family